Re: N8 - Software

Hi!  Thanks!  During the initial build and test, Bob and John were
able to get the PS/2 keyboard to work as well as the AY-3-8910 and
VDP.  John has a demonstration of the original board booting in VDP 40
column mode (neat!) with a POST in the BIOS.  It is very cool and
there is a video posted.  As I recall Bob even got a basic MSX game
running at least partially.

I suggest a similar approach for the N8 to leverage John's BIOS image
and the work Douglas did with SDCC.  Merge the various components and
threads into a single BIOS image and the build on Dan's MSX
compatibility BIOS.  It won't ever be 100% hardware compatible
although I think it will come close.

There were a whole bunch of games that Dan and Sergio were able to run
using the SBC V2 and the SCG board.  I think we should be able to get
at least that level of compatibility for a usable gaming system.

Very great work all around!  What's left is a "round up" of all the
various bits into an integrated BIOS ROM image.  We are very close,
IMO, especially if Dan is becoming more available to tweak his MSX
CBIOS.  Yeah!

Thanks and have a nice day!

Andrew Lynch