Re: wiki cleanup and reorganization

Yes, I agree.  This will be helpful to us semi-noob's who have not
been around long enough to know by instinct where everything is.  And
I agree with Al's two suggestions.  Those would be very helpful.
While I understand homebrew is different than a kit and we should
expect to have to do some research I have found it really hard
sometimes to figure some things out.  The Google Groups thread is over
a thousand messages and the searching mechanism is weak (ironic... for
Google).

One more thing I wish was available was a central roadmap or vision
document.  Not sure if that is the right word.  A document that would
provide in one place what the different boards are AND what they can
be used for and with which other boards.  The document could include
in-work and future plans.  I know that off the main wiki page there is
a link to each board with a short description but that is not enough
help.  For example, I could read about the 6x0x host board off the
link from the main wiki page but I could not understand what I would
do with such a board and how.  It was not until I ran into a post
Andrew made on some 6502/6809 interest group forum where he explained
in language an outsider could understand what the board was for that
it clicked for me.  Another example, there is on the wiki a ECB
uPD7220 board and fair amount of discussion here.  But I don't what I
would use such a board for, if it works with the SBC or the SBC-188 or
both.  Things like that.

Along with understanding how the various boards relate to one another
it would be helpful to know what firmware exists to facilitate those
relationships.  For example, there is a PropIO board and some firmware
that makes a really nice terminal with vga monitor and a PS/2
keyboard.  But... unless I am mistaken, the firmware that supports the
PropIO does not support the DiskIO and vice versa.  Again, I
understand it is homebrew and much of this work waiting to be done by
the builders.  It would just be nice to be able to reference this
somewhere.

So, I hope I don't sound like a whiner.  I have enjoyed building the
boards I have so far and look forward to enjoying it more in the
future.  I appreciate and have benefited from the work that others do
and have done.  I'd like to be able to find it more readily though.

Thanks,
David