Re: [N8VEM: 10806] Re: Floppy Interface - Pin 34

On 07/28/2011 03:21 AM, lynchaj wrote:
Hi!  As I understand it, the floppy drive interface pin 34 can be
either an input or an output depending on the drive.
It is always a signal from the drive to the controller.  It used to be defined as RDY, but was later designated as /DSKCHG, meaning the drive door had been opened; hence the disk has possibly been changed and all cached information should be invalidated.

--John

Older drives used READY as an output to tell the controller the drive
was ready.  Other newer drives use DSKCHNG as an input for when the
controller tells the drive to eject media.  It is one of the many
issues which makes floppy drive controllers difficult to design.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Andrew Lynch