Re: [N8VEM: 10639] Re: N8 - It lives

Neil,

With all pulse widths into the IDE device dependent on CPU instructions, I'd say the PPIDE speed is directly proportional to CPU clock frequency.

--John

On 07/20/2011 01:34 PM, nbreeden wrote:
Max asked: How does it run at 18.432?  I have found that logging in a
hard drive take a few seconds at 12.288.

At 6.144MHz the IDE was pretty slow. I'm using a CF adapter / CF card.
Changing directory to C: or D: took a few seconds.

At 18.432 the IDE is quicker, I'd say under a second to change
directory too. I don't know if having the CPU clock 3x faster equates
to 3x reduction in IDE access time?

-Neil