Re: N8-external ASCI clock

Hello  John,

You've hit the nail on the head.  For those who have a similar problem
check the bottom number on the chip.
If the number is less than 9818 (mine is 9453) then you have the
SL1960 chip without the baud rate generator.
<sigh>.
I have had the chance to throw in some wiring.  Now I have the CPU
running off the FDC oscillator at the full speed of 16 Mhz with
ASCI0 running off an external oscillator and doing 9600.  I'll have to
leave this thread for someone else to experiment with.
Onto the next job.

Regards

David