Re: N8 software

On Jul 23, 3:32 pm, John Coffman <john...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Newly uploaded isHCBIOS20.ZIP, a bit more polished than -17, and probably useful primarily as a test of:

  In my typical approach I wanted to read over / understand / be able
to build the BIOS before I actually burned it to ROM, I'm seeing a
difference in the Z180.HEX file that it being produced:

The Z180.HEX file in your uploaded file set starts with:

:03000000C30001
:01000800C92E
:01001000C926
:01001800C91E
:01002000C916
:01002800C90E
:01003000C906
:01003800C9FE
:02006600ED4566

The one I am producing starts with:

:03000000C3000139
:02000800ED4DBC
:02001000ED4DB4
:02001800ED4DAC
:02002000ED4DA4
:02002800ED4D9C
:02003000ED4D94
:02003800ED4D8C

The rest of the HEX files are identical.

I'm using the latest SDCC compiler tool set, NMAKE from the Watcom 19
distribution and the latest Unix Utils based on the comments in your
MAKEFILE.

One difference I've noticed is that in 'Z180.TXT' you reference "./
crt0.rel" instead of the one that comes with SDCC, in your case at E:
\PROGRA~1\SDCC\lib\z80. This makes it look like you are using the
default Z80.LIB with a different c Run Time file?  is this correct? If
so it may explain the differences in the produced HEX files.

And of course I may have this totatally wrong. :)

-Neil