Re: N8VEM Enclosure

On Feb 16, 1:10 pm, Sergio Gimenez <zetao...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Andrew , the box model is the same as my first enclosure:
> RETEX SOLBOX N14
G'day Sergio (and other interested folks),

Having some serious space issues, and "been there, done that" with
standard PC or tower cases with CP/M stuff hidden inside, I've been
playing with the idea of buying a deceased portable/luggable system
(something like a Kaypro II or one of the very early Compaqs), and
discarding the logic while keeping the display, power, floppies/hdds,
and keyboard.

Many (but not all) of those models used a fairly standard PC/XT or PC/
AT keyboard, CGA/EGA/VGA connection, which wouldn't be too difficult
to retrofit to one of the N8VEM keyboard IO boards.

The problem will be fitting the ECB and bits and bobs in a fairly
confined space.

And of course, while it might be "modern" in one sense, it's not
always as appropriate as the homebrew-style cases Dan and Sergio have
come up with.

Locally, Altronics have a great sized case very similar to Sergio's
idea, although the price is pretty steep (AUD$89.95 in single
quantities).

I'm following these designs with some interest!
Cheers,
Pete