RE: [N8VEM: 2441] Re: Disk I/O IDE Session Log

Hi Rich!  Thanks!

[AJL>]
When you run this program above (TP-IDE.asm) it should be getting the
identify command metadata from the drive and passing it to the Disk IO
board.  Can you use your RAM monitor to inspect what it is passing?  Just go
to where the sector is in memory and do a dump.  There should be some stuff
there.

You may need to experiment with various drive jumper settings as well.  Try
setting the drive as master, single, slave, cable select or whatever.  The
state of CSEL varies from one IDE drive to another too.  In the Disk IO,
CSEL is pulled high but might need to be jumpered low.

It all depends on the drive you are using and its characteristics.  There
are a lot of variations in IDE hard drives and Disk IO only supports the one
drive I used for testing.

http://www.pcguide.com/ref/hdd/if/ide/confCS-c.html

Thanks and have a nice day!

Andrew Lynch