program idea

Hi All,

I've been thinking about how to make the SBC more usable by people
without adding special peripherals.

The idea I have is to make a program for the PC that is a terminal
program and serial block device server.

How it would work is that the program is run on the PC side and the
SBC started up as normal.  The PC and SBC would communicate over the
serial line like usual.

However this terminal program would be different; when the SBC passed
a special "escape code" or signal, the PC program would act like a
disk drive by servicing block device read/write requests from the
CBIOS.

The SBC CBIOS would be extended so that when the operator accesses the
"G:" drive, it knows that it passes its block device read/write
requests as a client to the PC program.

The PC program would use a disk image file as a remote CP/M disk
drive.

How does this idea sound to you? Thanks and have a nice day!

Andrew Lynch