RetroBrew Computers Forum
Discussion forum for the RetroBrew Computers community.

Home » RBC Forums » General Discussion » Running Admin Notes Thread (Service Status, Planned Maintenance, Admin E-Mail response time, etc) (All admin-released items here)
icon4.gif  Running Admin Notes Thread (Service Status, Planned Maintenance, Admin E-Mail response time, etc) [message #9286] Sun, 24 October 2021 12:57 Go to next message
Andrew B is currently offline  Andrew B
Administrator
Combining all admin-related notes here since the stickies were multiplying. I will update this top post to make it easier to see what is going on at a glance. Feel free to discuss in the thread.

Admin email responses
Responses may be delayed due to ongoing family health issues Andrew B. is dealing with. Last caught up on emails as of 01/02/2022.

Upcoming maintenance
Weekend of 10/23 & 10/24/21 - updating wiki to latest version, attempting to fix 'fancy' wiki editor.
Weekend of 10/30 & 10/31/21 - updating forum to latest version, attempting to fix forum notifiction emails

Wiki editing
Wiki editing is currently degraded - the fancy 'what you see is what you get' editor had to be turned off, leaving only the 'basic' editor. Attempting fix 10/24/21.

Automated E-Mails
Wiki-generated emails are working
Forum-generated emails are not working. Attempting fix weekend of 10/30/21
(Challenges w/auto generated emails go back to initial setup of the website in 2015. I had to implement custom code to work around a hosting company limit on outgoing mail, and then changes in 2020 broke it)

Admin Update Log
10/24/2021 - Updated dokuwiki installation to latest dokuwiki release. Re-enabled CKGEdit 'fancy' editor. Disabled 'MathTex' LaTeX plugin which was causing formatting issues within tables (I don't think any pages were using this plugin).
10/23/2021 - Disabled 'fancy' CKG edit editor.

[Updated on: Sun, 02 January 2022 21:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Running Admin Notes Thread (Service Status, Planned Maintennce, Admin E-Mail response time, etc) [message #9288 is a reply to message #9286] Sun, 24 October 2021 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
The wiki has been updated to the latest version. I was also able to re-enable the 'fancy' editor. I clicked around a few pages and only noticed one issue being strange formatting in some tables. Disabling the 'MathTex' plugin which parsed LaTeX in pages to make nice equations fixed this. (I don't think any pages were actually using 'MathTex', it was just something I installed to try a while back).

Let me know if there are any other issues.

[Updated on: Sun, 24 October 2021 14:38]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Running Admin Notes Thread (Service Status, Planned Maintennce, Admin E-Mail response time, etc) [message #9569 is a reply to message #9288] Sun, 02 January 2022 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Caught up on all the admin emails through today.
Re: Running Admin Notes Thread (Service Status, Planned Maintennce, Admin E-Mail response time, etc) [message #9947 is a reply to message #9569] Sun, 05 June 2022 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Responded to all admin emails up to today.
Re: Running Admin Notes Thread (Service Status, Planned Maintennce, Admin E-Mail response time, etc) [message #10207 is a reply to message #9947] Sun, 22 January 2023 13:35 Go to previous message
Administrator
Caught up on all admin emails to today.
Previous Topic: Forum/Wiki Feedback - 6 months in
Next Topic: Welcome to the new RBC Forum & introductions

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:16:58 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00798 seconds