RetroBrew Computers Forum
Discussion forum for the RetroBrew Computers community.

Home » RBC Forums » General Discussion » Disk image of Uni-Flex disk (How to do this in Windows 8 or 10 with USB 2 IDE)
Disk image of Uni-Flex disk [message #9422] Thu, 25 November 2021 10:45 Go to next message
guus.assmann is currently offline  guus.assmann
Hello,

As the title says, I need to make a backup (clone or image) from a UniFlex disk.
I don't have a system with Linux.
My computers are either windows 10 or windows 8 driven.
The USB to IDE does work, I could format a drive with it.
I have (several make and sizes) IDE-disks and want to image the working one, before I maybe mess it up.
So I don't dare use UniFlex untill I can restore the disk.
How can I make an Image that I could also put on another drive.
Thanks in advance.

BR/
Guus
Re: Disk image of Uni-Flex disk [message #9423 is a reply to message #9422] Thu, 25 November 2021 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
norwestrzh is currently offline  norwestrzh
>> I don't have a system with Linux.

Why not???? Imaging those "IDE-disks" with "dd" would be trivial.

There are two possible solutions: 1) set up a linux-like environment within WinDoze and use "dd" there, or 2) get your hands on a WinDoze application that works like "dd". It is my understanding that they exist (maybe more than one?_).

Can't offer specifics because I don't use Micro$lop (if I can help it).

Roger

Re: Disk image of Uni-Flex disk [message #9429 is a reply to message #9423] Sat, 27 November 2021 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guus.assmann is currently offline  guus.assmann
Thanks, the reply was helpfull. I was not aware of dd and found some utils that work with windows.

As to the why not Linux, I've not really needed it.
But it also adds complexity to what I need.
It's hard enough to find out how Uniflex works.
Also, it's running on a system using the HD63C09 and that's a little more complex beasty than a plain vanilla 6809.

Just for completeness of information, have a look at Github, search for "kees1948/uniflex" and you'll see a well documented system. I've build it and will start playing with it shortly.

BR/
Guus
Re: Disk image of Uni-Flex disk [message #9432 is a reply to message #9429] Mon, 29 November 2021 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
b1ackmai1er is currently offline  b1ackmai1er
"just for completeness of information, have a look at Github, search for "kees1948/uniflex" and you'll see a well documented system. I've build it and will start playing with it shortly."

Very nice !
Re: Disk image of Uni-Flex disk [message #9439 is a reply to message #9432] Mon, 29 November 2021 13:57 Go to previous message
nealcrook is currently offline  nealcrook
in case you didn't know, there is a flex/uniflex user-group with mailing list and ftp repository -- and Kees is a member.

http://www.flexusergroup.com/flexusergroup/fufusub.htm

http://www.evenson-consulting.com/swtpc/Downloads.htm

Neal.
Previous Topic: uTerm2-S: a multi-emulation color terminal with graphic and sound (FabGl library)
Next Topic: New 65816 SBC

Current Time: Tue Apr 30 23:26:51 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00699 seconds